Location: Tampa, FL
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Entry Level
Our Vision: To provide outstanding care for every client and every patient, every day.
Tampa Bay Vets is a busy, AAHA accredited animal hospital practice with six locations in Tampa, FL. We pride ourselves on practicing the best quality medicine for our patients. Full-Time Primary Care Veterinarian needed to join progressive veterinary group including two American Board of Veterinary Practitioners Canine and Feline Diplomates. Our six AAHA Accredited hospitals are located in beautiful Tampa, Florida, close to the Gulf of Mexico beaches. We have outstanding, caring, client-centered team members including numerous credentialed technicians. A board-certified surgeon and a board-certified internist are available to provide care in the practice on an as needed basis. Modern equipment includes electronic medical records, direct digital radiology (all images are reviewed by board certified radiologists), digital dental radiology, high speed dental equipment, rigid and flexible endoscopy, and ultrasound.
Our practice has a strong educational/mentoring environment having earned AAHA Mentorship Accreditation and servicing as a Clinical Affiliate Practice for the Lincoln Memorial University College of Veterinary Medicine. All veterinarians participate in our journal club, doctors meetings, specialty labs, and lectures.
We are in the forefront of medical technology, providing:
- Health/ Wellness
- Cold Laser Therapy
- Digital Radiography
- Advanced Surgeries
- Physical Rehabilitation
We are looking for a caring Associate Veterinarian to provide the best quality medical care in our AAHA accredited animal hospital in Tampa, FL. This position is full-time with benefits, and requires working on weekends. Applicants must be focused on exceptional patient care and superior client service.
- Provide thorough physical exams of all body systems, on all pets examined
- Perform surgeries and dental extractions
- Be able to communicate with all different types of clients and remain professional at all times
- Enter all medical notes and records into Practice Management Software in a timely manner
- Prescribe medications, treatments and appropriate follow up care
Qualifications and Skills:
- Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine and a valid State of Florida license to practice veterinary medicine are required
- Must be personable, able to communicate with and direct staff and work as a member of a team
- Must have desire to provide the best possible medical, surgical and dental care for our highly-valued patients
- Able to handle a heavy case load while completing all records thoroughly
- Flexibility to accommodate emergencies and walk-ins during an already busy day
- Desire to develop professionally and continue learning
- Must be able to lift patients up to 40 pounds alone, and patients over 50 pounds with assistance
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive Salary plus Bonus potential (Associate veterinarians typically earn $95,000-$120,000 per year)
- Signing Bonus!
- Paid Professional Liability insurance
- 401K with matching
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Supplemental Insurance
- Continuing Education allowance
- Employee pet care benefit
- Five day work week
- No emergency duty after hours