The Cat Doctors was one of the first feline-friendly veterinary hospitals in the United States to be evaluated and accredited by the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA). Every year, we undergo a rigorous evaluation to maintain this level of veterinary excellence.
Unlike human hospitals, not all animal hospitals are required to be accredited. State regulations can vary widely – in fact, some states don’t even routinely inspect veterinary hospitals. AAHA-accredited veterinary hospitals are the only ones that elect to be evaluated on such extensive criteria.
Here are just a few highlights of the 900+ quality AAHA standards we insist on for our feline patients, which go beyond basic state regulations for veterinary care:
- Providing elevated spaces for cat carriers
- Giving cats staying overnight a safe place to hide within their kennels
- Safe and stress-free handling techniques
- Advanced diagnostic services
- Anesthesia and pain management guidelines
- Monitoring and support guidelines during the treatment recovery phase
- Regular advanced team education on AAHA standards
As a pet owner, you want the highest level of care for your cat, and that’s what we are committed to through our AAHA-accreditation. We provide the same consistent, expert standards of care that we want for our own feline pets.