Pet Health Certificates

There is an increase in the number of clients traveling internationally with their cats.  This page is to help you become more familiar with the processes of international pet health certificates in order to expedite the process and thus prevent you from experiencing delays in your travel plans.

You may consult the International Animal Export Regulations website prior to requesting an international health certificate.

Please be advised that some countries may not have the requirements listed on this website. It is very important to understand that in these situations the requirements are not known.  In these cases, the pet owner should contact the Border Inspection Post or the Customs Office at the airport where your pet will be landing to inquire about the country’s import requirements and to obtain a copy of such requirements in writing or via email from the government official.  It may be necessary for you to apply for an import permit from an agriculture office located in the destination country, which will outline the specific vaccinations or treatments needed for your pet prior to departure.

Please note that the information from consulates, embassies in the United States or websites are not always up to date. In addition, some of the paperwork you download for a fee is free on the aforementioned website.

In regards to the APHIS Form 7001, please be aware that certain countries have their own specific certification statements that need to be included on the form or on an additional page.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions, or you can directly contact The Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service by email or phone (352) 313-3060 if you have any questions.