Microchips have helped reunite thousands of cats with their families.
Our cat exclusive animal hospital offers the most widely used microchip products to increase the chances of a safe recovery. The procedure is safe and quick.
Our veterinarians recommend that all cats, even those that do not venture outside, are microchipped. Microchips are popular, reliable, and effective ways to permanently identify our cats. The chip is small, about the size and shape of a grain of rice, and is easily inserted under your cat’s skin. Once the microchip is in place, the owner must register the microchip with the national database.
When a cats is scanned with a microchip scanner an identification number will appear. This number is linked to a national database that has all of the owner’s contact information. We recommend to annually update your information with the database, and have your cat’s microchip checked at each annual visit.
Protecting your cats with HomeAgain®
Your cat’s microchip comes with lifetime registration in the database as well as one year of HomeAgain membership. Proactive benefits are then renewable on an annual basis.
- HomeAgain National Pet Recovery Database – HomeAgain microchips are designed to last your cat’s entire lifetime and they link to a permanent listing in our national lost pet database. This means anytime/anywhere pet recovery service—no matter how far your lost cat has traveled. Learn More >
- Lost Pet Specialists – The HomeAgain call center is staffed with Lost Pet Specialists trained to help pet owners cope with the stress of losing a pet. Trained professionals are available 24/7 to send out Lost Pet Alerts and personally guide you through the emotional process of finding your lost cat. Learn More >
- Rapid Lost Pet Alerts – When your cat goes missing, the HomeAgain lost pet network is on the lookout for your missing family member. We send out rapid Lost Pet Alerts to members of our Pet Recovery Network within a 25-mile radius from where your pet went missing. Learn More >
- 24/7 Emergency Medical Hotline – HomeAgain is committed to protecting your cat with 24 hour pet emergency services. Call our ASPCA veterinarian-staffed pet emergency hotline for help anytime a medical emergency strikes! Learn More >
- Travel Assistance For Found Pets – HomeAgain knows just how far lost cats can travel. Our pet transport services will cover up to $500 to fly your found cat home when he’s discovered over 500 miles away from home. Learn More >